A family from Fresno is still recovering from a rather unusual incident which took inside their house on Saturday afternoon. According to the family, during the washing cycle, their Samsung washing machine started making loud noises before blowing up in the basement. Samsung admits that this particular model was recalled and offered to reimburse the Fresno family.
Samsung Washing Machine Remodels Family’s Basement
Gabriel Ortega told the press that he was inside the house when it happened. According to the man, on Saturday afternoon, we went down into the basement to put a load on the family’s Samsung washing machine and returned.
A few minutes later, Ortega said that he began hearing loud noises coming from downstairs and later on, something which sounded like an explosion. Believing that a car might have crashed into the house, Ortega went downstairs to investigate. To his bewilderment, instead of finding a car stuck in the wall, he found that the washing machine was all over the place.
According to the man, when the Samsung Washing machine exploded, it hurled hundreds of plastic and metal fragments across the room, damaging the room and putting the drier out of commission. Ortega said that the room looked like it was ransacked by thieves and that he’s relieved that no one was near the appliance when it exploded.
No one knows for sure why the washing machine went haywire, given the fact that Ortega’s step-father bought it no more than two years ago from an official Samsung retailer. After snooping around the internet, the Fresno family discovered that this was not the first time this type of Samsung washing machine blew up and that the company recalled the model.
However, the man did not receive any recall letter from the company and filed a complaint. A Samsung representative told them that they would ship them a new washing machine and dryer.
Image source: Flickr