COUNCIL CHRONICLE- A Detroit woman claims that she nearly lost her life after one of her Samsung phones caught fire while she was driving. She said that her Nissan Maxima went up in flame minutes after the phone blew up.
Detroit Woman Did Not File a Lawsuit Against Samsung
According to the Detroit woman, the alleged incident occurred on the 21st of May while she was driving down Evergreen. The victim, who preferred to maintain her anonymity, told a local news outlet that during her road trip she saw a spark coming from one of her phones. She mentioned that, at the time of the accident, there were two Samsung phones inside her Nissan Maxima.
The Detroit woman said that in just a matter of seconds the car’s interior was ablaze. Luckily, she was able to stop the vehicle and get out of the car before it exploded.
She was helped out of the car by some of the passersby who witnessed the incident. The Detroit Fire Department later confirmed that the fire broke out after a smartphone’s battery exploded.
The Detroit woman considers herself lucky to be alive. More than that, she told a reported that driving in the city probably saved her life, because she was able to stop the car fast.
Gerald Thurnswell, the woman’s attorney, declared his client has problems sleeping at night after her ordeal. He also mentioned something about talking to a Samsung representative about the incident.
According to Thurnswell, the company was more than willing to help with the investigation. The woman’s attorney said that the company has already dispatched a crew to investigate the wreckage and the phone’s remains.
So far, the investigation revealed that neither of one the Samsung phones was on the recall list. The Detroit woman said that she had a Galaxy S8 and a Galaxy S4.
Image source: PxHere