COUNCIL CHRONICLE – A 26-year-old man from India was admitted to a New Delhi hospital following a peculiar bathroom accident. According to the doctors, the man claimed he slipped while repairing a pipe in the bathroom, ending up with a shower head in his rectum.
Shower Head Caused No Internal Damage, Doctors Declared
Last week, a 26-year-old man showed up at the Ram Manohar Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research to complain about a rather unsavory bathroom ‘accident.’
Dr. Peeyush Kumar, the physician on call and the one who wrote about the incident in the British Medical Journal, declared during an interview that his patient blamed the outcome of his accident on a slippery bathroom floor.
According to Kumar, the patient was admitted to the emergency room with a shower head lodged in his anus. The object was approximately 15 centimeters deeps into the patient’s pelvis.
Based on the man’s claims, he had to take apart a PVC pipe to get to the hospital. The man’s examination revealed that the object caused no internal damage. More than that, no bleeding was found during the clinical examination.
Kumar said that the patient was put under and the foreign object extracted. Since there were no signs of infections or any post-surgery manifestations, the patient was discharged.
The case study’s author declared that injuries like these are quite common, all of them stemming from an auto-erotic purpose. He also said that based on the statistics, most of the patients who end up in the emergency room with foreign objects in the rectum are males in their 30s or 40s.
Throughout his career, Kumar saw and removed various objects from his patients including dildos, stones, glass bulbs, and even fruits and vegetables.
Image source: MaxPixel